Denver Road Defects Lawyer
Road defect accidents can lead to complex car accident cases. They often involve government entities responsible for maintaining the road. Claims involving a government agency have different rules, so you need a skilled Denver car accident attorney with experience handling these types of cases.
Our lawyers at Zaner Harden Law have decades of experience representing personal injury victims. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including the largest Colorado personal injury verdicts in 2018 and 2021.
How Our Denver Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Car Accident Caused by Road Defects
Road defect accidents can cause traumatic injuries and significant financial damages. However, recovering fair compensation can be challenging. Hiring an experienced Denver personal injury law firm can give you the best chance of recovering the compensation you deserve.
At Zaner Harden Law, our lawyers are trusted advocates for injured victims and their families. Our Denver car accident lawyers appear on the Top 100 Trial Lawyers list by The National Trial Lawyers. We are also highly rated by Super Lawyers, Top Lawyers Denver, and Best Lawyers.
When you hire our top-rated personal injury attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Complete a thorough investigation into the cause of the car accident
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your injuries
- File insurance claims and deal with the insurance company
- Monitor filing deadlines for claims against the government and other parties
- Gather evidence proving how the car accident occurred, including working with accident reconstructionists and other expert witnesses
- Defend you against claims of shared fault
- Aggressively negotiate settlements for a fair amount
- File a lawsuit and pursue the claim in court, if necessary
Filing a claim for a road defect accident can be a complicated process. Our experienced lawyers at Zaner Harden Law understand how to pursue these cases and protect your rights.
Call now for a free case evaluation with an experienced road defect lawyer in Denver, CO.
How Do Road Defect Accidents Happen in Denver, CO?
In about two percent of road accidents studied in the National Motor Vehicle Crash Causation Survey, the critical reason for the accident was attributed to the environment, including road design. A road defect or dangerous road design can cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle and crash.
Examples of road defects that could contribute to the cause of a traffic accident include, but are not limited to:
- Road debris from construction sites
- Poorly designed or planned roads, intersections, crosswalks, streets, and ramps
- Roads and streets that are too narrow
- Poorly maintained bridges and roads
- Ponding and flooding on roads from lack of drainage due to defective designs
- Inadequate traffic management devices, systems, and controls
- Lack of shoulders and dangerous drop-offs
- Failing to install, maintain, or repair guardrails
- Potholes and cracks in the pavement and surfaces
- Failing to use warning signals and signs when needed
- Negligent management of road and highway projects
- Missing or damaged road signs
State, county, and/or city government agencies could be liable for road defect accidents in Denver. They may breach their duty of care to design, build, and maintain safe roads and streets.
Who Is Liable for a Road Defect Accident in Denver, CO?
In most cases, a government entity is responsible for the roads. However, a contractor or construction company could share liability for a road defect accident.
Additionally, another driver could contribute to the cause of the accident. Therefore, you might have more than one party liable for your damages.
Lawsuits against governmental bodies are different from lawsuits against private parties. Most lawsuits against the government are barred by sovereign immunity. However, it might be possible to sue a government agency for dangerous conditions on public roads, highways, and streets.
It is crucial to note that a lawsuit against the government for a road defect accident has a very short notice period. You must typically file a written notice with the government within 182 days of the accident to protect your right to pursue a claim. Failing to provide the required notice can permanently bar actions for damages.
What Damages Can I Receive After a Denver Road Defect Accident?
Examples of those damages include:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages
- Mental anguish
- Impairments and disabilities
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Personal and/or nursing care
- Decreased quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Prompt medical treatment can improve your chances of recovery. It also provides key evidence that helps prove that the accident caused your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Denver Road Defect Lawyers
The time to file a claim for a car accident caused by a road defect is limited. You may have a short time to pursue your claim against a government entity. Call our law firm as soon as possible to request a free case review with one of our Denver road defect attorneys before time runs out.