Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you injured due to another party’s actions in Lakewood, CO? If so, they may be liable for your financial losses, pain, and suffering.
At Zaner Harden Law, our Lakewood personal injury lawyers know the potential toll of accidents and injuries. From physical pain to lost wages and psychological trauma, injuries and damages are unique to each victim. They can have devastating effects on you and your loved ones.
Our legal team has helped the injured across Colorado hold at-fault parties accountable. With decades of combined experience, our lawyers have secured tens of millions in compensation. We work alongside each client to protect their rights and guide them toward recovery.
Why Should I Hire Zaner Harden Law To Handle My Personal Injury Case in Lakewood, CO?
Personal injury cases typically arise when someone else is negligent. After sustaining an injury, retaining a Lakewood personal injury attorney is an important step toward collecting compensation for you or your loved one.
Our team has cultivated a reputation for offering legal support and guidance during the challenging post-accident recovery process. Members of our firm have been recognized by Super Lawyers and the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. We can guide you through pursuing your claim by embracing a team-oriented approach.
Our team can help with:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the circumstances of your accident and the severity of your injuries
- Compiling persuasive evidence, such as police reports, accident photographs, witness statements, and medical records
- Advising you on the best course of action
- Evaluating the likelihood of bringing a successful claim
- Interacting with insurance companies and handling settlement negotiations
- Representing you in litigation
- Defending you against claims of comparative negligence
- Charting your path to financial compensation
Our Lakewood, CO, personal injury lawyers are some of the best in the business. If you or a loved one has been injured, schedule a free consultation today.
What Personal Injury Cases Does Zaner Harden Law Handle?
We see personal injury cases every day. While no two cases are the same, there are many similar elements.
Our team handles many case types, including:
- Automobile Accidents: These are among the most common cases. When victims suffer injuries from car, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accidents, we help navigate the complexities of insurance and liability laws.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: We represent victims of slips and falls across Lakewood. These cases require proving that a property owner was negligent in maintaining a safe environment, causing an accident and subsequent injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Examples of malpractice include errors in diagnosis, treatment, or medication administration. We help victims when providers cause injury from their actions or inactions.
- Construction Accidents: Our team represents workers injured on the job. When possible, we can help you recover through workers’ compensation or third-party liability.
- Product Liability: Defective or dangerous products cause injury every day. Our team helps victims hold manufacturers, distributors, and retailers accountable for their harm.
- Dog Bites: We assist victims of animal attacks, including dog bites, in proving liability and recovering compensation.
- Wrongful Death: We represent surviving family members after a loved one dies due to the negligence of another.
At Zaner Harden Law, our Lakewood injury lawyers advocate for victims who experience injuries and fight for their rights. Schedule a free initial consultation today.
What Damages Can I Recover in My Lakewood Personal Injury Case?
“Damages” refer to the sum of money you may be awarded for losses caused by someone else’s conduct. They represent the monetary value of your harm in a personal injury case. The person responsible for your injuries will generally be required to pay them.
There are three types of damages that may be available in personal injury cases:
Economic damages refer to your actual financial losses.
- Medical Expenses: This includes the cost of hospital visits, doctor consultations, physical therapy, medical treatments, medication costs, and future medical expenses related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: You could be compensated for the money you would have earned had you been able to work if your injury caused you to miss work.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: You may be entitled to damages if your injuries prevent you from earning as much as you did before the accident.
- Property Damage: You may be able to recover the cost of repairing or replacing your property damaged because of the incident.
You can typically prove these damages by offering receipts, statements, bills, and other documents.
Non-economic damages provide compensation for subjective harms. These harms are not easy to value monetarily.
- Pain and Suffering: This refers to compensation for the pain and discomfort you endured due to your injury.
- Emotional Distress: Serious accidents often cause psychological impacts. You can be compensated for these effects, including anxiety, depression, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If your injuries prevent you from enjoying day-to-day pursuits like hobbies, exercise, and other recreational activities, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Loss of Consortium or Companionship: This compensation usually applies to severe or fatal injuries.
Our experienced attorneys know how to assess these types of damages. In some cases, we may consult experts, such as medical specialists, to better understand the value of your non-financial losses.
Unlike economic and non-economic damages, punitive damages are intended to punish the offender and deter similar behavior in the future. These are not awarded in every personal injury case but may be considered when the defendant’s actions were especially harmful or egregious.
Our personal injury lawyers in Lakewood will help you determine how much you might recover. Our team may collaborate with medical professionals, economists, and mental health specialists to estimate your damages. These experts can support the costs and impacts of your injuries, ensuring you pursue adequate compensation.
What Is Negligence, and How Do I Prove It?
Negligence is a key concept in personal injury law. It occurs when one party fails to behave with the care someone ordinarily would have exercised in similar circumstances. This can happen when someone takes or fails to take a specific action.
You generally must establish negligence to prevail in a personal injury case. This requires proving:
Our Lakewood personal injury lawyers will guide you through proving negligence. We will help you collect evidence that can substantiate your claim.
What If I’m Partially Responsible For My Injuries in Lakewood, Colorado?
Sometimes, one party is not 100 percent responsible for your injuries. You may share some of the responsibility if your own conduct contributed to the accident and injuries. Fortunately, you can still recover compensation in most cases.
This is because Colorado is a “modified comparative negligence” state. According to Colorado Revised Statutes Section 13-21-111, your negligence cannot be greater than the defendant’s. That means you’re barred from compensation if you are more than 49% responsible. If your level of fault is 49% or less, your damages will be reduced accordingly.
For example, you would be barred from receiving compensation if you are found to be 60 percent responsible for your injuries, but the defendant is only 40 percent responsible. Our Lakewood injury attorneys can defend you against comparative negligence claims in your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Colorado?
The statute of limitations is an important concept in your case. Under the law, statutes of limitations dictate the maximum time after an event within which you can file a lawsuit. These statutes are critical because you can lose your right to sue if you fail to file a lawsuit in time.
For many personal injury claims in Colorado, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury. This typically includes cases of slips and falls or other incidents where one party’s negligence causes harm to another. Cases involving car accidents and other motor vehicle crashes are subject to a three-year deadline.
There may be exceptions, so consult our Lakewood personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lakewood, CO?
Our Lakewood personal injury lawyers represent clients on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, clients pay nothing at the outset of their case. Instead, we collect a fee that is contingent upon winning your case.
If your claim is successful, our fees come as a percentage of the award or settlement. If it is not, we do not receive payment for our attorney’s fees. Our team will discuss the specifics of contingency fee representation during an initial consultation.
Contact Our Experienced Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Case Evaluation
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be challenging and overwhelming. From physical injuries and emotional trauma to financial strain due to medical bills and lost income, the impact can be life-altering. But you do not have to navigate this difficult time alone.
The Lakewood personal injury lawyers at Zaner Harden Law are dedicated to helping victims get the justice they deserve. We have a record of negotiating fair settlements and winning substantial verdicts for our clients. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Lakewood Personal Injury Lawyer Review
Read more of our reviews here.
Lakewood, CO, Emergency Rooms
- Emergency & Urgent Care Lakewood Centura Health – 3280 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80227
- Lutheran Medical Center Emergency Room – 8300 W 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- St. Anthony Hospital Emergency Room – 11600 W 2nd Pl, Lakewood, CO 80228
- Swedish Belmar ER – 260 S Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80226
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Areas We Serve
See all the areas we serve in Colorado.