Denver General Negligence Attorney
Personal Injury Negligence
Getting injured in an unexpected accident can change not only the course of your day, but potentially your life, and when that accident is caused by someone else’s recklessness or negligence, you’re entitled to much more than outrage – you could be entitled to financial compensation through a personal injury claim with the help of a Denver, Colorado accident lawyer.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, an injury lawyer in Denver may be able to help you pursue damages from the responsible parties – even if they’re multinational corporations.
Understanding Colorado Personal Injury Law
When a person is injured because of someone else’s failure to take due care or general negligence in adhering to the standards of reasonable safety, the injured person may have what’s called a cause of action for pursuing a personal injury claim against the responsible individual or entity (such as a company).
Also called a negligence claim, a personal injury claim seeks financial compensation for damages suffered because of the negligent defendant’s actions. Different states handle these claims in their own ways, and the state of Colorado abides by its own modified comparative negligence statutes.
Modified comparative negligence allows accident victims to seek damages from other parties, provided the plaintiff (victim) was not at least 50% responsible for the accident themselves.
Under this system, if you were in a car accident and it is determined that the other driver was 90% at fault for hitting you, but you were 10% responsible itself, then your award amount would be decreased by your percentage of fault – in that case, 10%.
So a $10,000 award in a claim for an accident that you are 10% responsible for would be reduced by $1,000, and you would receive $9,000 for your damages.
When You Need a Colorado Accident Lawyer
Denver and the outlying areas are home to tens of thousands of accidents annually, and only a fraction will ever be heard in court. This is for a number of reasons. For starters, many injured people don’t know when they’re eligible to file a claim for damages. Some accidents are minor, but still significant enough to merit a claim, and a portion of these can be settled without court proceedings.
If you have suffered injuries, medical damages, or lost wages due to the negligence of another you should consult with a Colorado accident lawyer.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Denver, CO
Our Denver, CO personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Electric Explosion Attorney in Denver, CO
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Product Liability Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Brain Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Burn Injury Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Dog Bite Attorney in Denver, CO
- Ski Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Toxic Exposure Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Slip and fall Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Whistleblower Attorney in Denver, CO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Denver, CO