Denver Workplace Accident Lawyer
Were you injured while working in Denver, CO? It’s important to understand your legal rights and options after a work-related accident. An experienced Denver workplace accident lawyer at Zaner Harden Law can help you fight to recover every dollar you deserve. You may be entitled to money for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Our award-winning attorneys have decades of experience advocating to protect injured workers in Denver. Together, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in benefits, settlements, and verdicts.
You may have rights under both Colorado personal injury and workers’ compensation laws. Contact our law offices in Denver, Colorado to schedule a free consultation at (720) 613 9706 and learn more about your right to compensation.
How Can Zaner Harden Law Help Me Recover Compensation After a Workplace Accident in Denver, CO?
Recovering fair compensation after a work accident can be a challenge. You probably have many questions.
How do I know what my case is worth? What if someone blames me for getting hurt or claims my injuries weren’t work-related? How do I handle the workers’ compensation claims process?
These aren’t questions you should have to tackle alone while you’re recovering. Our Denver personal injury lawyers at Zaner Harden Law are here to help.
While you focus on recovering, our lawyers will:
- Identify all responsible parties and gather all relevant evidence
- Determine all available avenues for recovering compensation
- Consult experts as we build your case
- Calculate the fair value of your workers’ comp benefits and personal injury claim
- Defend against any allegations that you don’t deserve workers’ comp benefits
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you at all hearings and at trial if necessary
Members of our legal team have been recognized by Super Lawyers and the National Trial Lawyers. Call our Denver personal injury attorneys today. You can count on us to provide the quality legal representation you deserve.
How Common Are Work-Related Accidents in Colorado?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 96 Colorado workers were killed on the job in 2021 alone.
Most work-related accidents aren’t fatal. During the last year data was published, 23,376 non-fatal work-related injuries occurred across the state of Colorado.
How Do I Recover Compensation After Suffering Injuries on the Job in Denver?
Under the Colorado Workers’ Compensation Act, every employer in Colorado is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. The employer must purchase workers’ comp insurance regardless of how many employees they have and regardless of whether those employees work part-time or full-time.
You can claim workers’ comp if:
- You were an employee at the time of the injury
- Your accident and injury occurred while performing work-related duties
You cannot sue your employer if you were injured on the job. Workers’ compensation benefits replace the damages you can recover from an employer in a personal injury case.
That said, you may have a valid personal injury lawsuit if a third party is responsible for your injuries.
For example, you may have a personal injury claim against a:
- Property owner who failed to maintain reasonably safe premises
- Negligent driver if you were injured in a car accident while on the clock
- Manufacturer of defective work tools or equipment
- General contractor or subcontractor
Your rights depend on the circumstances of your specific case. To discuss your claim in detail, contact Zaner Harden Law for a free case review today.
How Valuable is My Denver Workplace Accident Claim?
Many factors can influence the value of a work accident claim, including:
- The overall severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- How long it takes to reach maximum medical improvement
- Whether you suffer a permanent impairment
- Whether you are able to earn some income during recovery
- Your average weekly wages prior to the accident
Regardless of the facts, your workers’ compensation check will be subject to a statewide cap. If your injury occurred between July 2023 and June 2024, the maximum you can receive each week is $1,293.25. Otherwise, workers’ comp covers about ⅔ of your average wages prior to the accident.
If you’re able to file a personal injury lawsuit, your case may be worth more. However, that depends on the specific facts and circumstances of your accident and injury.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Workplace Accident Victims in Denver?
Workers’ compensation covers certain economic losses caused by a workplace injury. Workers’ comp will cover all of your reasonable medical expenses, including ER visits, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, and medications.
If you miss at least three work shifts due to the injury, you’re also entitled to disability benefits, such as:
- Temporary total disability benefits if you’re unable to work during recovery
- Temporary partial disability benefits if you return to work but are not earning your normal pay
- Permanent total disability benefits if you’re unable to earn any wages again
- Permanent partial disability benefits if you suffer permanent use or impairment of a specific body part
You can also request mileage and parking reimbursement for doctor’s visits and other injury-related travel. These requests must be made within 120 days.
In addition to lost wages and medical expenses, personal injury laws allow victims to seek the following types of damages:
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, depression, and anxiety
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
In rare personal injury cases, you may also be entitled to punitive damages as punishment for intentional wrongdoing or reckless disregard for human life.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Work Accident in Colorado?
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. Even if you caused the accident, you can file a workers’ compensation claim for benefits.
Your compensation in a personal injury case will be reduced if you share some blame–in some cases, down to nothing. Under Colorado comparative negligence laws, you can recover partial compensation if you were less than 50% responsible for your injuries. Once your share of fault reaches 50%, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Our Denver Workplace Accident Attorneys Will Fight to Recover Fair Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Our workers’ compensation attorneys have experience handling a wide variety of injury and illness claims here in Denver.
We often represent injured employees who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries
- Back injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Lung damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We’re here to help you fight for a meaningful financial award. Once you’ve received proper medical attention, call our legal team for a free case evaluation.
What Are the Leading Causes of Workplace Accidents in Denver, Colorado?
Some of the most common causes of workplace accidents and injuries include:
- Premises liability and dangerous property conditions
- Negligent hiring practices
- Missing safety equipment or fall protection
- Inexperienced or undertrained workers
- Negligent security
- Intentional workplace violence
- Communication failures
- Defective and dangerous work equipment
- Violation of Colorado or OSHA safety regulations
- Overworked employees and understaffing
- Toxic exposure
- Exposure to live electrical wires
- Being struck by an object or caught between two objects
Most work-related accidents are caused by unsafe working conditions. If you were injured, call our workers’ compensation lawyers in Denver to learn more about how we can help you fight for fair compensation.
Our Law Firm Handles All Types of Workplace Accident Claims in Denver
At Zaner Harden Law, our experienced attorneys handle all types of workers’ comp claims, including those involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Roof and ladder falls
- Trenching accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Product liability
- Warehouse accidents
- Being struck by or caught in an object or machinery
- Manufacturing accidents
- Oil and gas explosions
- Accidents in restaurants and bars
- Accidents in medical facilities and hospitals
- Logging accidents
Regardless of how you were injured, it’s important to understand your legal options. Contact our team today to get started.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim for Compensation After a Workplace Accident in Colorado?
You should report your injury to your employer within ten days of the accident. If you’re unable to provide notice within ten days, report the injury as soon as possible. You have two years to file a formal claim for workers’ compensation.
You have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent third party. The statute of limitations is extended to three years if you were injured in a car accident.
Contact an Experienced Denver Workplace Accident Lawyer for a Free Case Evaluation Today
If you or a loved one were recently injured on the job, help is just a phone call away. Call Zaner Harden Law to learn how an experienced Denver workplace accident lawyer can help you maximize your financial recovery. Your initial consultation is always free of charge.
Visit Our Denver Personal Injury Law Office
Our Denver, CO personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Electric Explosion Attorney in Denver, CO
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Product Liability Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Brain Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Burn Injury Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Dog Bite Attorney in Denver, CO
- Ski Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Toxic Exposure Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Slip and fall Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Whistleblower Attorney in Denver, CO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Denver, CO