Denver Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Are you struggling with a debilitating spinal cord injury because of a recent accident in Denver, Colorado? Contact Zaner Harden Law for immediate assistance. You may have the right to recover compensation for your medical treatment, rehabilitation, disability, and emotional distress.
Our experienced Denver spinal cord injury lawyers are ready to help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
Since 2012, Zaner Harden Law, LLP has been a trusted advocate for spine injury victims and grief-stricken families in Denver. As leaders in catastrophic injury litigation, our award-winning Colorado trial attorneys have successfully obtained tens of millions in settlements and jury verdicts for deserving clients like you.
How Zaner Harden Law Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Spinal Cord Injury in a Denver, CO Accident
Your spinal cord plays an integral role in everything you do. Even a relatively minor injury can fundamentally change your life forever. Treatment can be costly, and a sudden inability to work can put you in an incredibly difficult financial situation.
While you may be entitled to compensation if someone else’s negligence caused you to get hurt, getting money in your hands can be a challenge. Insurance companies will fight you at every turn, searching for any reason to deny your claim or limit your settlement.
Zaner Harden Law can help.
Our Denver personal injury lawyers are recognized as Super Lawyers, 5280 Top Lawyers, and Top 100 Trial Trial Lawyers. We’re members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We’ve helped our clients win some of the top settlements and jury verdicts in the state of Colorado.
When you turn to us for help, you’ll benefit from the full force of our law firm’s experience and resources, as well as our dedicated passion for making a genuine difference in your life.
Count on us to:
- Give you time to recover by taking care of your spinal cord injury lawsuit from start to finish
- Carefully investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and injury
- Determine liability for your spinal cord injury
- Identify available insurance benefits
- Gather evidence needed to build a successful legal claim for damages
- Bring in respected medical professionals and other expert witnesses to consult on your spine injury case
- Fight back against allegations of comparative negligence
- Aggressively seek a top-dollar settlement for you during negotiations with the insurance company
- Have a highly respected Denver trial attorney bring your spinal cord injury lawsuit to trial, if necessary
You’re more likely to win your spinal cord injury case and maximize your recovery when you hire a trusted Denver trial lawyer. That’s why Zaner Harden Law should be your first call. We offer a free consultation and work on contingency, so it costs you absolutely nothing unless we win your spinal cord injury case.
What Is a Spinal Cord Injury?
The spinal cord is a long bundle of nerves, fiber, tissue, and fluid that runs from the base of your skull to your tailbone.
Protected by the spine, which is composed of 33 small bones called vertebrae, the cord’s central role is to relay signals from the brain to the rest of your body and vice versa.
A spinal cord injury occurs whenever any part of the spinal cord is damaged. Damage disrupts the cord’s ability to work properly and, as a result, impairs the body’s ability to communicate with itself.
Types and Levels of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are two primary types of spinal cord injuries:
- Incomplete spinal cord injury: Trauma that causes partial, potentially short-term damage to the spinal cord (e.g., partially severed cord)
- Complete spinal cord injury: Trauma that causes permanent damage to the spinal cord (e.g., completely severed cord)
There are also four levels of spinal cord injuries, which depend on which part of the spinal cord is damaged.
- Cervical spinal cord injury: Injuries to the cervical spinal cord affect the head and neck
- Thoracic spinal cord injury: Injuries to the thoracic spinal cord affect the upper chest, abdominals, and mid-back
- Lumbar spinal cord injury: Injuries to the lumbar spinal cord affect the hips and legs
- Sacral spinal cord injury: Injuries to the sacral spinal cord affect the hips, butt, back of the legs, and pelvis/reproductive organs
The higher the level of the injury, the more severe the resulting consequences. That’s because everything below the level of injury is affected. So, an injury to the cervical spinal cord, which is at the very top, tends to be much more catastrophic than an injury to the sacral spinal cord, which is near the bottom.
Potential Long-Term Complications of a Spinal Cord Injury
While the specific consequences of a spinal cord injury will depend on the type and location of the trauma, potential long-term complications include:
- Weakness and limited mobility
- Numbness and tingling in the limbs or extremities
- Chronic headache
- Respiratory complications
- Cardiac complications
- Changes in sexual function
- Inability to control the bladder or bowels
Any of these complications can have a direct impact on your ability to work and enjoy your life.
Leading Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Denver
Any traumatic accident or act of violence can potentially cause a spinal cord injury.
At Zaner Harden Law, we advocate for clients who have suffered spinal cord injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Birth injury
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
With so much riding on your spinal cord injury case, experience matters. Don’t hesitate to put ours to work for you. Call us to set up a free consultation to learn about the considerable benefits of having Zaner Harden Law in your corner.
How Much Is My Denver Spinal Cord Injury Case Worth?
No two victims – or spinal cord injuries – are the same. As a result, there is no average settlement or payout in Denver spinal cord injury cases.
There is one primary factor that will influence the value of your case: the type/location of your spinal cord injury.
According to The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, these are the average yearly costs for a spinal cord injury, depending on severity:
- High Tetraplegia (injury to the C1-C4 region of the cord): $1,064,716 for the first year, $184,891 each subsequent year
- Low Tetraplegia (injury to the C5-C8 region of the cord): $769,351 for the first year, $113,423 for each subsequent year
- Paraplegia: $518,904 for the first year, $42,206 for each subsequent year
- Incomplete Motor Function: $347,484 for the first year, $42,206 for each subsequent year
These factor in costs related to medical treatment and healthcare, as well as living expenses. However, these are just averages.
They also don’t factor in other important considerations, like:
- Neurological impairment
- Changes in your earning capacity
- Lost wages and income
When it comes to assessing what your spinal cord injury case might be worth, many other factors will be relevant, including:
- Your age and life expectancy
- Contributory negligence
- Available insurance benefits
- Changes in your quality of life
- Psychological and emotional consequences
You can learn more about what your spinal cord injury case might be worth by reaching out to an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Denver. At Zaner Harden Law, we’re always here to help when you need it most. Call us to discuss the specific details of your spinal cord injury case today.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Suffered a Spinal Cord Injury in Denver?
If you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury in a Denver accident, you can potentially be awarded compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
- Diminished earning capacity
- Funeral expenses if a spinal cord injury is fatal
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Count on our spinal cord injury lawyers in Denver to help you recover all compensation available under Colorado law.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Colorado Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit?
The amount of time you’ll have to file a spinal cord injury lawsuit in Colorado will depend on what type of accident you were in.
Don’t let too much time pass by before taking action. You’ll lose the right to demand compensation once the applicable deadline expires.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Denver Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Call Zaner Harden Law if you’ve recently suffered a spinal cord injury in a Denver, Colorado accident. Someone else caused you to get hurt, and our Denver spinal cord injury attorneys can help you hold them accountable.
We offer a free case evaluation, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office in Denver for help today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Denver, CO
Our Denver, CO personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Electric Explosion Attorney in Denver, CO
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Product Liability Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Brain Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Burn Injury Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Dog Bite Attorney in Denver, CO
- Ski Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Toxic Exposure Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Slip and fall Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Whistleblower Attorney in Denver, CO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Denver, CO