Denver Uber Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident involving a rideshare company in Denver, CO? If so, our lawyers at Zaner Harden Law, LLP are here to help. An experienced Denver Uber accident lawyer can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Collectively, our lawyers have decades of experience handling complicated personal injury claims. Over the years, we’ve helped clients like you recover tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts.
Your injuries can change your life in unexpected ways. Our lawyers are here to help you get the money you need. Contact our law offices in Denver, Colorado, at (720) 613-9706 to schedule your free consultation today.
Why Should I Trust Zaner Harden Law To Protect My Legal Rights After an Uber Accident in Denver?
Uber accidents can cause a lot of damage. Whether you’re an Uber passenger, driver in another vehicle, or just walking down the street, you might be seriously injured. If someone else was responsible, you should call our Denver personal injury attorneys today.
At Zaner Harden Law, we know how important it is to get money in your hands after an accident. Both Super Lawyers and the National Trial Lawyers have recognized our team for our success in helping accident victims like you.
While you recover, our lawyers will be busy:
- Assessing the value of your damages
- Determining why your accident occurred and who is responsible
- Gathering evidence to support your case
- Consulting experts who can offer information about complex issues that arise
- Handling all paperwork and insurance requests for information
- Defending you against unfair claims that you caused the accident
- Negotiating with the insurance company for the maximum compensation available
You deserve the best legal representation possible. We aim to offer just that. For more information, call our Denver personal injury lawyers for a free, no-obligation consultation today.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents in Denver
It doesn’t take much to become an Uber driver. Uber drivers must pass Uber’s background checks. Rideshare vehicles must meet certain minimum standards.
Aside from that, virtually anyone can drive for Uber. So, it’s not surprising that the same negligent acts that cause ordinary car crashes also contribute to Uber accidents.
While many different things can happen to cause an accident, some of the most common causes of Uber accidents in the Denver area include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Stopping in dangerous locations for passenger pickups and dropoffs
- Fatigued Uber drivers
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Drunk driving or drugged driving
- Poorly maintained Uber vehicles
Outside factors can also contribute to the cause of an Uber accident. Bad weather, poor visibility, and hazardous road conditions can play a role. Third-party drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists might even contribute to a crash.
How Do I Recover Compensation From Insurance After an Uber Accident in Denver?
Colorado is an at-fault insurance state. After a crash, you file a claim for compensation with the at-fault party’s insurance company. In Uber accident cases, however, it’s not as simple as that.
Uber drivers have to carry auto insurance like everyone else. However, personal insurance doesn’t cover accidents that happen when drivers are using their vehicles to make a profit. Unless the Uber driver has commercial coverage, their insurance company can deny the claim.
Fortunately, rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft now must purchase commercial insurance coverage. Uber’s insurance applies in situations where the Uber driver causes a crash. Uber’s policy is often the only way to recover compensation. That’s because Uber drivers are independent contractors, and you can’t sue Uber or Lyft when rideshare drivers are negligent.
The amount of insurance will depend on the rideshare driver’s activities at the time of the crash.
Driver Is Available To Take Ride Requests
If the driver is logged into the app but is not transporting a passenger nor on their way to do so, Uber’s basic insurance policy covers:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
This coverage applies if the driver’s personal policy does not.
Driver Has Accepted a Passenger’s Request
As soon as the driver takes a passenger’s request, Uber’s insurance provides:
- $1 million in third-party liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist
- Contingent collision coverage up to the vehicle’s value (a $2,500 deductible applies)
This coverage applies when drivers are en route to pick up passengers and during the Uber trip itself.
Driver’s Uber App Is Off
When the Uber app is off, the at-fault driver’s personal insurance applies like any other motor vehicle accident claim.
The following coverage should be available:
- $25,000 in bodily injury or death to any one person
- $50,000 in bodily injury or death per accident
- $15,000 in property damage
Although the at-fault driver may have additional coverage, these are the minimum coverage limits under Colorado law.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect if My Denver Uber Accident Claim Is Successful?
Every case is different. To get a fair settlement, your lawyer will carefully evaluate the facts of your case.
Issues that are most relevant when assessing your case value include:
- The severity of your injuries and whether you’ll make a full recovery
- The length of your recovery
- The cost of your medical care
- Whether you lose income because you can’t work during recovery
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and future earning potential
- Whether your own negligence was a contributing factor
- The amount of insurance coverage that’s available
Insurance carriers work hard to avoid paying victims full compensation. When larger commercial policies are involved, you should expect them to fight even harder–and remember, they’re betting that you don’t know how much compensation you really deserve.
We won’t let them push you around. We’ll make sure you understand your case value and fight to recover every available dollar. If you were injured, contact our lawyers in Denver for a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Rideshare Accident Victims in Denver?
In Colorado, damages fall into two basic categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Your damages award should make you whole again after an accident. In other words, it should be as though the accident didn’t happen.
Of course, that’s not entirely possible. Money can’t completely make up for your pain, suffering, and trauma. In accident cases, however, recovering compensation is the only way to get justice.
Your damages award may provide compensation for your:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- In-home assistance
- Skilled nursing care
- Property damage to your vehicle and belongings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium and other damages for wrongful death
Your settlement or verdict should account for your current losses and your anticipated future losses. You only have one chance to recover the full amount you deserve. Don’t take a chance with an inexperienced lawyer. Contact Zaner Harden Law to learn how our experienced litigators can fight for you.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in Denver?
Under Colorado comparative negligence laws, you lose your right to compensation if you were mostly responsible for your own injuries. Once your share of fault reaches 50%, you lose your right to damages.
You can recover partial compensation if you were less than 50% responsible. Your settlement or verdict will be reduced to reflect your share of fault. Hiring an attorney can make all the difference regarding this issue, as they can advocate for you and minimize the amount of fault assigned to you.
Common Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries
At Zaner Harden Law, our Denver rideshare accident attorneys often represent rideshare accident victims who have suffered:
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you were injured, don’t hesitate to learn more about your legal options. Call our Denver personal injury law firm to get started today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Colorado?
In Colorado, the statute of limitations is three years in most car accident cases. If you don’t file a personal injury lawsuit within three years of the accident, you lose your right to compensation.
The statute of limitations technically only applies to the court system. You should file a claim with insurance much earlier because insurance contracts have their own deadlines. Also, once the insurance company knows you can’t sue for damages, they won’t be willing to negotiate a fair settlement.
Contact us as soon as possible after your crash, as we can help you evaluate and follow through with your best course of action appropriately.
Call a Respected Denver Uber Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
You should expect a fight when filing a claim with Uber’s insurance carrier. However, taking legal action is the only way to recover fair compensation. Our team at Zaner Harden Law is here to stand up for you. You can call for a free case review with a Denver Uber accident lawyer to get started today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Denver, CO
Our Denver, CO personal injury law office also provides:
- Car Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Electric Explosion Attorney in Denver, CO
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Product Liability Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Brain Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Burn Injury Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Dog Bite Attorney in Denver, CO
- Ski Accident Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Toxic Exposure Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Slip and fall Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Denver, CO
- Whistleblower Attorney in Denver, CO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Denver, CO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Denver, CO
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Denver, CO